The solution is part of the web-based cloud software platform named MedCon with a new set-up developed to manage the physical warehouse functionalities:
- Goods receipt of Loaners in the “Arrival zone”
- Loaners transfer from the Arrival zone to the Loaner warehouse, included the Quarantine or maintenance area for the kit to be isolated (E.g.: incomplete kit).
- Loaners transfer from the Arrival zone/Quarantine to the Loaner warehouse, with the automatic indication of the final destination area (Shelf/Bin).
- Link between PBS (Primary Business System) Pick list and equipment in order to get the Loaners pick-list.
- Equipment goods issue
- Cells (e.g. washer) management
The software MedCon already provides the following features:
- Goods receipt via Barcode-reading
- Warehouse mapping based upon different areas (Current whse, maintenance and shelves or floor stocking areas)
- Display functionality of inventory per shelf/bin/item/equipment
- Transfer and goods issue functionality via Barcode-reading
- It is in Cloud hence no need of particular support from IT infrastructure
Every single handling unit (box/tray) must be labeled with the following information:
While it is possible to manage 1 Equipment in more than one of Handling Units (the same equipment is made up by more than 1 box), it is not possible to manage more than 1 equipment in 1 handling unit.
MedConWms solution involves the use of Industrial barcode reader together with a WiFi network to manage as best as possible all the warehouse operations.